Energy conservation and the land are very important to owners Glen and Sandy Crinklaw so it was only natural they incorporate conservation and sustainability into their business.
Listed below are the current sustainable and green elements that make your stay comfortable, and fun while leaving a small environmental footprint on the earth.
Car free destination stay – just 55 miles from the metro area cyclists can enjoy a scenic ride to & from the Inn without filling up at the gas pump, and will enjoy a discounted room rate. See maps on the website for routes leading to the Inn.
The Inn was designed to incorporate many energy conservation features including:
- 2x8 wall construction filled with
- Ceiling insulation is an R 60
- Perimeter insulation installed around the concrete floor and insulation underneath the concrete for added comfort and energy savings.
- Double Pane windows
- Energy efficient appliances include tank less water heaters and individual heat pumps in each of the rooms provide added comfort to our guests stay.
- Solar Panels designed specifically to take advantage of the Northwest’s clear or cloudy days to assist with water heating for both domestic water heating and our energy efficient hydronic heating system.
- Sunflower shower heads, low flow toilets and energy efficient lighting round out the energy efficient
We also compost, use green cleaning supplies and purchase fresh and sustainable foods locally grown,
Lastly, our family of Piedmontese cows fill in as our sustainable lawnmowers.